The Oracle Issue 14 – Venetia
“Venetian Theme (Canals and political intrigue)
Instead of fighting creatures you can come along and tangle with political groups and sail the narrow canals of this fantasy Venetian city called Venetia.
Comes with advice on running political adventures and maps out a whole city for you to include in your campaign.
We also have a new feature where a readers dilema is outlined and you the audience can offer suggestions on what they do next.
This is a fully illustrated fantasy RPG magazine that is system-neutral so fits for ANY fantasy RPG game system. Designed in a modern landscape format this is chock full of ideas for you as a Dungeon Master or Games Master.
- Outline map and overview of the city of Venetia – a fantasy city styled after medieval Venice
- Game Advice – 5 Top tips on running in-game politics
- Game Advice – How diagrams as hand-outs are a GM’s best friend and how to use masks to create new circumstances for the players
- New Deity – Rivagio, Lord of Giving. An outline of the gods background and his influence on the city.
- Events – Outline of the rules governing duels in Venetia and a magic item that makes it possible for even a lowly peasant to fight a player character
- Events – 3 carnivals outlined.Organisations – 3 organisations presented including the main Venetian religion, a criminal organisation and a radical political group
- 8 Detailed NPCs including merchants who are not all they seem, a drunken nobleman who might be more than he seems and several people with devious political agendas
- 5 Magic mask including one with five variations and details of how each variation can be used in raising the dead, spell casting and ritual casting.
- Artist Spotlight – Featuring Roman Murzabaev or to use his artists name s0ulafein
- 4 Unique locations (plus a means of transport around the city) – the locations feature vampires, questionable merchants and tragedy (plus books)
- Creative Challenge – a reader has a creative problem, do you have the solution?
- Unexpected – a way to derail your players egotistical assumptions by giving them a gondola to sail!
- Picture Prompt – designed to get you thinking creatively.”