Undead & Unbound: Unexpected Tales From Beyond The Grave, paperback horror fiction anthology, edited by Brian M. Sammons and David Conyers
“Unexpected Tales From Beyond the Grave
Undead & Unbound is a book of fiction celebrating those who have returned from the grave — in all their glory and in whatever form they take. You will find the famous blood-drinkers and flesh eaters here, but also ghosts, patched-together reanimates, fiends of myth and folklore, and some not-so-easily-identifiable creatures from beyond the grave.
Nineteen tales take the undead to their limits. From the distant past to the far-flung future, and to all corners of the Earth, the undead are eternal and everywhere: symbiotes, parasites, monster mash-ups and ghoulish grins, bleak tales of inescapable dread, an ancient evil from a far-away land with unspeakable dietary needs, a boy and his…well, it’s not a dog. History is brought to (un)life. Ghosts, spectres, phantoms and haunts of every sort. Not-so-easily-classifiable stories that do new things with the basic premise of what’s alive, what’s dead, and what’s neither.
And yes, you lovers of all things zombie—fear-not, for your favourite flesh eaters are here but, thankfully, not exactly as you would expect them.
Undead & Unbound celebrates all things from beyond the grave, the different, and no matter how old the bones, new life can always be found.
- Blind Item by Cody Goodfellow
- Dead Baby Keychain Blues by Gary McMahon
- A Personal Apocalypse by Mercedes M. Yardley
- The Unexpected by Mark Allan Gunnells
- Incarnate by David Dunwoody
- Marionettes by Robert Neilson
- Undead Night of the Undeadest Undead by C.J. Henderson
- I Am Legion by Robert M. Price
- When Dark Things Sleep by Damien Walters Grintalis
- Descanse En Paz by William Meikle
- Thunder in Old Kilpatrick by Gustavo Bondoni
- Phallus Incarnate by Glynn Owen Barrass
- Wreckers by Tom Lynch
- Scavenger by Oscar Rios
- In the House of Millions of Years by John Goodrich
- Romero 2.0 by Brian M. Sammons and David Conyers
- Mother Blood by Scott David Aniolowski
- The Unforgiving Court by David Schembri
- North of the Arctic Circle by Peter Rawlik”