The Way of the Ratling, softback supplement for Legend of the Five Rings, by Wulf, Carman, Mason & Raven
“They live in the shadows of the Kaiu Wall, in the deep forests of the Shinomen, and in the blasted wastes of the Shadowlands themselves. The people of Rokugan consider them animals, scavengers, little better than the servants of Fu Leng themselves. To many, the beasts known as Ratlings are simply vermin.
A handful know better. These creatures are the Nezumi, a once-proud race struggling the best it can to survive.
At the side of their allies the Crab, the Nezumi fight a quiet war against the Tainted beasts that have stolen their lands. Perhaps they cannot win.
But they will never stop fighting.
- Way of the Ratling contains new and updated rules for creating Nezumi player characters, including Skills, Advantages, Disadvantages, and all the information you need to create your own Ratling Tribes.
- The proud history of the Nezumi, from their once-great empire of the Before time, through the Terrible Day and struggle to survive afterward.
- Ratling Magic: the strange power of the Nezumi shamans, who through their mastery of the power of names can twist identity – or even take it away.
- Details on the most prominent Nezumi tribes in Rokugan, from those who dwell deep in the Shadowlands to those who prowl the northern mountains of the Phoenix. Includes the popular Tattered Ear Tribe.
- Information on the Nezumi’s long alliance with the Crab, and facts about their secret alliances with other clans and organizations.
- A brief guide to Nezumi language.”