The Oracle Issue 8 – Shadowrealm
“Internally this is known as the issue that changed covers. We had a cracking cathedral image for the cover that we ended up using as the Picture Prompt for this issue. Some of us still aren’t sure that was the right move but that shadow dragon… oh it’s pretty!
Asides from all that this contains a boatload of information and advice on setting an adventure or just a game session in the shadowrealm. Called by different names by different games systems this is the shadowy vale where spirits go after death. Mysterious and dangerous we shed some light on the topic to save you time and effort when prepping your games set there.
This is a fully illustrated fantasy RPG magazine that is system-neutral so fits for ANY fantasy RPG game system. Designed in a modern landscape format this is chock full of ideas for you as a Dungeon Master or Games Master.
- DM Advice – On what the Shadowrealm (dimension) is and the different ways you can represent it in your games
- 6 Story Hooks
- 1 Detailed NPC organisation – The Order of the Shimmering Gate – mystic knights who shepherd the souls of the dying to the afterlife
- 12 Non Player Characters with motives and descriptions
- 4 Shadowrealm Creatures
- 4 Magic items including a magic alter, jewellery, a weapon and magic crystals
- 2 Events that occur in the Shadowrealm6 Trinkets and Treasures (small items that can be found in pockets etc)
- 3 Locations
- 10 Things to See
- 4 Random Encounters
- 1 Picture Prompt
- 52 Pages”