The Oracle Issue 13 – Sky Islands
“Sky Islands Theme (Floating and flying islands)
This was the issue that kept growing – with not one but two Kickstarters both contributing stretch goals to the length of the magazine this went from 52 to 56 and finally 60 pages in length!
Full of advice and new locations and some fun NPCs (we’ve fallen in love with Sid and Nancy the guard gryphons in the office) we think you will love this issue.
This is a fully illustrated fantasy RPG magazine that is system-neutral so fits for ANY fantasy RPG game system. Designed in a modern landscape format this is chock full of ideas for you as a Dungeon Master or Games Master.
- Game Advice – How to create cinematic moments at the game table with only words
- Game Advice – Means by which you can explain floating islands including adventure hook examples
- Game Advice – How to ensure the player characters don’t die a careless death by falling
- Sky Wardens – A flying military organisation used for scouting and guard duty on floating islands
- 6 Detailed NPCs including Sid and Nancy a pair of talking gryphons, a retired assassin and a flirty aeronaut
- 15 Adventure Hooks that relate to the NPCs
- 3 Tables of NPC Names – taken from the real world all the names have sky or wind related meanings.
- 4 Things to See – from a magic flying boat, mysterious dragons and glittering star falls
- 5 Flying Creatures including magic copying gryphons, sky monkeys and New Castle Harpies.
- 4 New Magic Items presented including an anti-kidnapping device and a foggy cauldron
- Exclusive interview with Glynn Seal, ENnie award winner and owner of Monkey Blood Design.
- 4 Unique locations presented plus additional NPC
- Discussion of observatories set on the sky islands
- Different defence options for sky islands
- Picture Prompt – designed to get you thinking creatively”