Return to the Tomb of Horrors, Tomes Adventure boxed set for AD&D 2nd/2.5th ed, by Bruce R. Cordell, foreword by E. Gary Gygax.
“Imagine a place of unspeakable evil. It was built upon hopelessness and filled with unending terror and pain. This loathsome place shattered the life of everyone who ventured near. But through tremendous sacrifice and heroism, over the course of many years, it was finally gutted and its foul creator destroyed. Now imagine that the horror is beginning all over again.
The sinister wizard Acererak took great pains to safeguard his tomb. It took many years, and many more lives, before his evil was finally laid to rest. But though the demilich is gone, he is not forgotten. Others who would become as he was have traveled to the site of Acererak’s tomb seeking the secrets of mastery of death. Slowly these pilgrims gathered, eventually building in the shadow of the tomb itself a community dedicated to the dark arts: Skull City.
But even these twisted necromancers have no inkling of the true evil that swells and crackles beneath their feet.
This boxed adventure contains:
- 160-page adventure book (VERY GOOD)
- 32-page book of illustrations to be shown to players (NEAR MINT)
- Player handouts (one double-sided full-colour cardstock sheet) (MINT), including an adventurer’s diary filled with clues; (NEAR MINT)
- 16-page book of maps and monsters (NEAR MINT)
- and a reprinted facsimile of the original Tomb of Horrors adventure module as first published in 1978. (NEAR MINT except for one pencil note)
Return to the Tomb of Horrors is an epic adventure for characters of levels 13-16.”
The box is in VERY GOOD condition.