Player’s Secrets of Ariya, softback Birthright supplement for AD&D 2nd/2.5th edition, by Allen Varney
“On the shore of the Sea of the Golden Sun lies Ariya, the oldest city in all Cerilia. The City of Temples and its surrounding provinces form the jewel of Khinasi history, learning, and culture. From this land of ancient magic emerged the Great King el-Arrasi, who brought glory to Ariya seven centuries ago. Now Ariya’s citizens turn to you, their newly crowned lord-prince, to restore the city-state to its former eminence. Tested by war-hungry neighbors, religious zealots, and a shrinking treasury, Ariya’s ruler must champion light and reason if he is to guide the realm into a new Golden Age.
This package, the first Khinasi domain sourcebook for players in the BIRTHRIGHT campaign setting includes:
- A full-color, eight-page foldout cover containing detailed maps of the state and its holdings.
- The story of Ariya’s pivotal role in Cerilian history.
- Facts about the state’s geography, holdings, and economics.
- Information about the Khinasi people, lands, and culture that supplements the Atlas of Cerilia in the BIRTHRIGHT boxed set.
- Descriptions of important Ariyan citizens.
- Secrets and strategy tips to help the new prince keep his seat on the Thousand Jewel Throne.
This sourcebook is designed for players who want to take the role of Ariya’s regent – a paladin or lawful good priest. Players of nonregent characters who live in or come from Ariya will also find this book useful.”