Midgard Worldbook, hardback campaign setting for D&D 5th edition, by Wolfgang Baur and Richard Green
“Adventure In a Dark World of Deep Magic!
It is an age of war. Civilization slowly gives way to encroaching wilderness, and once-mighty empires now lie beneath the waves. Only magic and the warmth of hope keeps lights aglow when dread things prowl, and priestly wardings are bent by demonic rage.
The omens are dire. The roads to the shadow realm are open again, and the fey have returned to claim their ancient tribute. In the north the giants prepare for Ragnarok, while the goblins in the west grow restless. In the Crossroads, the shadow of the vampire princes falls across the land. The World Serpent is stirring—and not even all-knowing Baba Yaga can say what will happen next.
Now more than ever, Midgard needs heroes to stand against the dark, driving it back with spell, steel, and cunning!
The 460-page Midgard Worldbook includes:
- Detailed description of Midgard’s empires, cities, and kingdoms, with associated heraldry, rulers, and adventure hooks for each state, large or small
- Characters from Baba Yaga to the lords of the Dragon Empire, from the honest folk of Zobeck to various elven holdouts of Dornig and the vampire lords of Morgau
- Full lore on the pantheons of the Northlands, Crossroads, Elves, and others, including divine domain lists, rituals, divine demands, and the various masks and sacred texts—plus rituals and ambitions of the Dark Gods, for the GM’s eyes alone!
- Revised and expanded lore of the planes, history, calendars, and conflicts of the world
- Forbidden lore of blood magic, void magic, and various dooms and items not meant for players’ eyes!
- And much more!
Start your next campaign off right—put your players on a dark road!”