Midgard Campaign Setting, hardback campaign setting for Pathfinder and Fantasy Age, by Wolfgang Baur, with Jeff Grubb, Brandon Hodge, Christina Stiles and Dan Voyce
“The Age of Heroes Returns!
The world is lost in an age of war: of dark wilderness, and lost empires sunk beneath the waves. Only magic and the warmth of hope keeps lights aglow when dread things prowl, and priestly wardings tremble and bend before the fury of demonic rage. In this dark time, new heroes must arise to claim the crowns of Midgard, and restore the jewels to her scattered thrones…
The Midgard Campaign Setting brings to life a world of dark fantasy drawn from the great European traditions. Within this book you’ll fifind ley lines and deep magic; the Western Waste’s giant, shambling horrors and magic-blasted landscapes; diabolical gnomes and the schemes of immortal Baba Yaga.
You’ll sail the wind with wild elves and cut through the waves with swashbuckling minotaur corsairs. Midgard is a land of the Mharoti Empire’s lethal assassins and exotic splendors as well as the empty, dragon-haunted crags of the icy Northlands.
The Midgard Campaign Setting book includes:
- Pathfinder RPG and AGE System rules for gearforged, kobold, and minotaur PCs
- 26 new backgrounds, 3 new schools of magic and new specialties for AGE System
- New clerical domains including Clockwork, Moon, Hunger and Beer
- More than 50 kingdom write-ups, with new feats and traits for each region of Midgard
- New spells, magical items, and incantations
- New gear and weapons unique to the setting
The setting can be expanded even more with any of the Midgard adventures and sourcebooks from Open Design and Kobold Press. From the Northern fjords to the hidden tombs of the gnolls, from the raven-headed reavers to the ruins of the great mage-kingdoms: all of Midgard is yours!”