Life on Utopia (Colony Book Two), softback supplement for Heavy Gear
“Utopia, once one of the jewels of the Concordat interstellar colonization program, now lies in ruins, its carefully constructed eco-system ravaged by generations of unending strife. Despite the hardship it forced on itself, this harsh planet harbors dynamic societies that not only lived through the turmoil of the post-colonial period but managed to survive beyond. As the forces of the imperialist New Earth Commonwealth prepare their take-over of the human worlds, however, Utopia finds itself a divided planet, stuck between allegiance to their old master and a bright future offered by its fellow colonials. The Waste World lies on the blade’s edge, and anyone’s actions can tip the balance…
Life on Utopia is the second sourcebook in a line detailing the human colony worlds of Dream Pod 9’s exciting Heavy Gear science-fiction universe. Within these covers you will find:
- A complete history of the Utopian world.
- An extensive examination of Utopia’s characteristics, from its geology and hydrography to each region’s particular characteristics.
- A listing of all settlements, with location, population, political system and special characteristics described in depth.
- Dozens of important personalities for the players to meet and interact with.
- An in-depth examination of the cultures, habits and lifestyles found throughout Utopian societies.
- New archetypes, equipment, vehicles, drones and campaign ideas.”