GURPS Space Second Edition, softback supplement for GURPS, by Steve Jackson and William A. Barton
“The Future Is Yours!
At last… the star-spanning sourcebook for the Generic Universal RolePlaying System. In the 128 pages of GURPS Space, you’ll find:
- Detailed, scientifically correct rules for creating star systems and planets… either randomly, or to fit a specific campaign.
21 character types, with new advantages, disadvantages and skills for a future campaign.
- Three variant human races – heavy-worlders, light-worlders and Spacers – and guidelines for creating other forms.
- Four alien races. Meet the savage, near-human Gormelites; the graceful, aggressive Sparrials; the weird, sex-changing Pachekki; and the powerful, half-plant Treefolk.
- Science-fiction gadgets, weapons, and medical technology.
Starship construction rules from TL8 (just around the corner) to TL15+ (science fantasy).
- Quick but detailed abstract ship combat rules – no ship counters, just roleplaying – for a quick determination of fleet damage, individual ship damage, and injury to characters.
GURPS Space doesn’t tie your game to a single background. Rather, it is designed for the creative GM who wants to develop his own universe! This book presents a wide variety of choices and background information to let you recreate your favorite science-fiction background – or build your own.
Years in the making, GURPS Space is a survey of the whole space-adventure genre as it related to roleplaying. If you’re ready to create your own future… it’s yours.”