GURPS Illuminati – The World is Stranger Than You Think, softback sourcebook, by Nigel D. Findley.
“Dog-Faced Woman Abducted by Giant “Space-Elvis”!!
The Secret Masters have denied all knowledge of the various conspiracy theories put forth in GURPS Illuminati.
“To begin with, we don’t even exist,” said a spokesman. “The Illuminati are a myth.” He went on to deny specifically that:
- Everything you read in the tabloids is true! Aliens regularly visit Earth, and are in contact with high government officials.
- The Men In Black are everywhere, and will snatch you from your home if you ask too many questions or just see something you shouldn’t see.
- Orbital Mind Control satellites cruise the skies, influencing international politics and deciding the fates of billions.
- The Gnomes of Zurich control the world’s monetary supply, and manipulate it to fit their own sinister plans.
- The world is such a complex web of secrets, mysteries, and conspiracies that nobody really knows what is happening. But everyone in power lies all the time.
- The only way to protect yourself is to join the conspiracy. But even then, you’ll never know who is pulling your strings.
- Everything you know is a lie. Everything you suspect is true. The world is a very strange place. Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!
The publishers of GURPS Illuminati, Steve Jackson Games, admitted that it was a work of fiction, but added “It’s all true anyway!” Just look at the book. It’s closer than you think.”