Dead Man’s Blade, softback adventure for Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok, by James Kerr
“Jarl Erik Bloodaxe’s ships have been sinking at an alarming rate. No one knows why, but all signs point to Hakon and his crusaders in their never-ending battle to destroy the Norse way of life and enslave the world to the tyranny of the White God’s church. Can the party discover the cause of the lost ships, or will they succumb to crusaders, dangerous wild beasts, or a lonely death at sea? Perhaps they will escape alive, or perhaps Valhalla will gain yet more swords for the end of days.”
Based on Stephen B. Pearl’s novel Horn of the Kraken, this is the first in a series of brand new Adventures for the Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok role-playing game. This Adventure assumes familiarity with the basic rules of the system, but is littered with rules introductions and references so a deep understanding is not necessary to play.
The Dead Man’s Blade adventure includes:
- 6 ready-made player characters for immediate pick-up and play, including “Halla Sea Born” a Selkie Archetype exclusive to this adventure series
- A deep and engaging 100+ page adventure good for 4 to 6 sessions of play, but filled with jumping-off points that could keep the game going forever
- Layout specially designed for ease-of-use for the game master, the “Norn”, with references and on-the-fly events so no homework is required to run a great adventure.
- A dozen terrible beasts, fiendish enemies, and things that go bump in the darkness of Fimbulwinter for the characters to encounter.
- An adventure that is complete, but also continued in the upcoming Sea 2: Horn of the Kraken.
Whether this is your introduction to Fate of the Norns, or just your first foray onto the dangerous seas, Dead Man’s Blade promises danger, intrigue, and the best kind of Viking mayhem.”