Dark Space, softback sourcebook for Rolemaster and Space Master, by Monte Cook
“Mankind’s very existence is threatened by a horror from before time and beyond space. Alien entities called the Elder Worms in days long passed are seeping down once again from their lairs in the Dark Nebula, and the people of the Twenty Worlds are their first prey. To stop these beings before their evil plots come to fruition, brave heroes must use all at their disposal: magic, telepathy, and high science.
Welcome to the worlds of…
DARK SPACE is a complete campaign setting well as a unique combination of science fiction, fantasy and horror. Contained within are detailed descriptins of twenty different worlds and the society that binds them together. Organizations, religions and governments of this fantasy/high tech society are included as well as a number of new races and beasts unique to the setting.
DARK SPACE includes:
- A complete campaign setting compatible with Rolemaster; Space Master, or both games together. Dark Space can also be worked into any existing campaign (fantasy or science fiction).
- Comprehensive rules for the biological science of Softech, along with hundreds of items and uses, such as specifically engineered creatures, biological starships and vehicles, physical enhancing microorganisms, grafts which can give any character wings, claws, natural weaponry, and much more. Softech is a science which can do anything conventional “hardtech” sciences can and things unimagined until now.
- Rules for creating metamorph characters with super-human powers.
- Rules for bio-ships with layouts and diagrams, and bio-ship combat. skills and a new profession, the Softechnician.
- New spells and psion lists as well as magic rules for dealing with technology and space travel. DARK SPACE can be used as a guide for adding technology to Rolemaster and magic to Space Master.
- Detailed description of the creatures from the Entities From Deep Space section of Creatures and Treasurges II, with new entities, their leaders, their insidious plots and motivations, and their foul airworld.
- Non Player Characters and creatures both high and low level, and guidelines for creating a player character at any level for this unique environment.
- Two detailed sample scenarios and numerous adventure ideas.”