Dark Romanticism – The Art of Shadows of Esteren (Standard Edition), hardback artbook
“From our beginning, we have wanted to release a Shadows of Esteren artbook. After years of development, and on the occasion of our eighth anniversary, the time has come!
Titled Dark Romanticism, this artbook spans a selection of our best illustrations, as well as new artworks, along with design notes and narrative pieces. It is a journey through the awe-inspiring, deadly lands of Tri-Kazel, featuring many creations by Gawain, Chris, Nico Jamme and Chane! We are honoured to have Yoann Lossel as a special guest.
This 200 page hardcover artbook is organised in 8 themes, providing material to learn more about the lore of Tri-Kazel, the process of creating the artworks and illustrate your role-playing sessions:
- Demorthèn: Spiritual guides, sacred druids, heirs to the Osag culture, Demorthèn embody the connection between the world of men and that of the spirits.
- Magience: Holders of a science from the faraway Continent, Magientists have the ability to change the world—for better or for worse. They are the ideological adversaries of both the Demorthèn and followers of the Temple, and follow a rational, humanist credo.
- Temple: Soustraine’s faith brought major changes to Tri-Kazelian culture. A source of hope for some, a danger in the eyes of others, the Temple has quickly grown into one of the major factions of the peninsula.
- Occultism: Investigators of the supernatural, mediums, and sorcerers wielding forbidden powers, occultists must usually live in anonymity and remain on the move to avoid persecutions.
Landscapes: The peninsula of Tri-Kazel abounds in grandiose, wild landscapes. They are the untamed soul of this windswept land.
- Lifestyles: Illustrations of Tri-Kazelian civilization and its ways of life.
- Figures: Esteren brings the human condition to the forefront, the struggle of men and women to achieve their goals in the face of adversity and tragedy. This section is dedicated to them, depicting figures of Tri-Kazel.
- Feondas and Creatures: In the depths of forests, at the bottom of lakes and rivers, creatures lurk—deadly beauties haunting Tri-Kazelian folklore. The focus of this chapter is Feondas, including many new illustrations.