Adventures Great and Glorious, hardback supplement for Adventures Dark and Deep, by Joseph Bloch
“Rules for high-level and long-term campaigns, and mass combat.
What if there was something for high level characters to do
other than kill bigger monsters? Now there is.
A continuation of the possibilities set forth in ADVENTURES DARK AND DEEP™
and other fantasy role-playing games, ADVENTURES GREAT AND
GLORIOUS™ lets you take your game to the next level, letting your players
become lords of their own territories, courtiers at the royal court, scions of
their own families, and even creators of their own demiplanes of existence.
Fully compatible with most old-school role-playing games, this book includes
- Clearing territory and attracting followers and settlers in the wilderness
- Becoming functionaries and courtiers and sharing in the intrigues of a
- Governing territories, collecting taxes, creating mines, and dealing with
the unexpected events of rulership
- The Long Game, with campaign turns, events, and growing families
- Mass combat, with simple rules that let the players take centre stage at
the critical moment and help decide the outcome of the battle
- New secondary skills, treasure, magic items, and spells
Please note this is a rules supplement, and is designed to be used with other rule systems. It is not a complete game unto itself. While it is written with the Adventures Dark and Deep game in particular, the references have equivalents in most other popular OSR games, with the exception of the new character classes in Adventures Dark and Deep. Unfortunately, due to limitations of the OGL regarding indications of compatibility, we cannot provide precise cross-references for other games.”