Advanced Fantasy: Genre Rules, hardback supplement for Old-School Essentials
“Advanced Character Options
This supplement expands the Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy game with extra classes, rules, and options inspired by the beloved 1970s Advanced 1st Edition rules:
- Classes: 9 human classes: acrobat, assassin, barbarian, bard, druid, illusionist, knight, paladin, ranger. 6 demihuman race-classes: drow, duergar, gnome, half-elf, half-orc, svirfneblin. All new classes are carefully designed to match the power levels of the classic Basic/Expert game.
- Advanced options: Optional rules to add extra depth to character creation, combat, and spell casting, including rules for choosing race and class separately.
- Poisons: Essential for assassin characters!
- Requires Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy
Note that this book is not a complete game! It is a supplement that adds extra player options on top of Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy.
- Requires Druid and Illusionist Spells
Spell descriptions for bard, druid, gnome, illusionist, and ranger characters are found in the companion book Advanced Fantasy Druid and Illusionist Spells.”